VMware Horizon Community
Erossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Disable CTRL+ALT+DEL

Hi Guys,

we use thinclients with windows 10 embedded and horizon 7.2. We configured the thinclient to start automatically the horizon client after booting.

If a user press CTRL+ALT-DEL on the keyboard then it will appear the menu of the windows 10 and also in the virtual win7.

How can I disable CTRL+ALT+DEL on the physical device? User should not get the menu on the physical device.

I also find a possibility to change the the scancode map in the registry, but with this option I am only able change/disable a single key and not the keycombination.

That will mean for example that I can disable the "ALT" key. But this key will also not work anymore on the vdi vm. This is not a solution for me.

I saw that the windows horizon agent show a variable with name "scancodemode=1". Maybe it would help to disable this option. But how can I do that?

ScanCodeMode.png

Any other ideas to disable the keycombi CTRL+ALT+DEL on a windows thinclient?

Regards,

VM-Master

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Magneet
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

My guess would be using group policy's for the thin clients of they are domain joined and otherwise local policy's. This is not a setting for the Horizon client.

0 Kudos
Erossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos
Magneet
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

this needs to be set at the thin client OS not the horizon client as I already said.