VMware Horizon Community
N74jrw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Direct the Horizon View Client

Hello,

I have an automated pool of linked clones (floating assignment) that are accessed from traditional PCs configured as zero clients. The PCs are shared in a lab environment. Is there a way to direct a single computer towards a single VM in the pool? I tried replacing the "DesktopName" setting in the registry with the name of an actual VM instead of the pool name, but that didn't work. The View client just stated that the "VM" name was not on the list of entitled desktops. Do I need a different type of pool to do what I am trying? I basically want to take an endpoint PC and match it up with a certain VM, and have that VM be used every time.

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JackMac4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You cannot do this with a floating pool - you would want to have an auto-assigned dedicated non-persistent pool so that you can specify the desktop.

---- Jack McMichael | Sr. Systems Engineer VMware End User Computing Contact me on Twitter @jackwmc4

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JackMac4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You cannot do this with a floating pool - you would want to have an auto-assigned dedicated non-persistent pool so that you can specify the desktop.

---- Jack McMichael | Sr. Systems Engineer VMware End User Computing Contact me on Twitter @jackwmc4
0 Kudos
N74jrw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks. That's a bummer, but at least I know now.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Another idea is to use the direct connect agent and skip the brokering, that way you can achieve this.

It might not work for all scenarios but thought I forward the idea anyway.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
JackMac4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Using the VADC plugin would also work, but it takes a bit of the management aspect out of things.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

JackMac4, was that not what I just posted?

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos