VMware Horizon Community
a2alpha
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Direct Connection to Desktop - clients still lose access when server goes down or service restarted

I have set up the connection server with the Direct Connection ticked, which I thought meant that once the initial connection was made to the broker and a desktop assigned, would make a direct connection to the desktop and therefore not care about the state of the connection server. After rebooting or just restarting the VMware View Server service all the clients lost access until it was back up.

Is this correct, we are using View 3.1.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

That is strange as I can reboot my connection server without bothering any users. How many connection brokers do you have and did you enable all of them to direct connect?

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

That is strange as I can reboot my connection server without bothering any users. How many connection brokers do you have and did you enable all of them to direct connect?

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
a2alpha
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thats what I thought, I only have one connection server and about 30 xp desktops, I am in the middle of upgrading to View 4 so I will see if it works better after that. I have Direct connection ticked.

Thanks for the response its the confirmation I was looking for!!

0 Kudos