VMware Horizon Community
psharp
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Desktop unresponsive to input over PCoIP

I setup View for testing, and everything appears to be working except when I try to connect to the VMs using PCoIP. Microsoft RDP works fine, resizes the desktop appropriately, etc. Attempting to connect via PCoIP results in the login page coming up, but it will not accept any interaction through the View client. Another odd thing is that the login page is windowed and doesn't fill the whole screen even when full screen is selected. Here's how things are configured:

- 5 desktops running Win XP x64 SP2 (view agent installed on each desktop)

- Desktops are part of a manual pool, non-persistent

- View Connection server is a Server 2003 x32 R2 SP2 VM

- View Composer is installed into vCenter (v 4u1)

- All VMs are running on top of ESX 4u1

I've tried connecting using PCoIP from several different computers (Win 7, XP) and all have the same issue. Any ideas about what could be going on?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Sorry, Windows XP 64bit is not supported at this time. The supported os versions is listed in the releasenotes.

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

A lot of people had problems with this so I posted a blog article about the nessecery steps, check it out here:

http://www.thatsmyview.net/2009/12/18/how-to-get-pcoip-with-view-4-to-work-every-time/

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
psharp
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply. That did not resolve the issue I am having with my XP x64 machines. I know for a fact that the components you listed were installed in the proper order (Tools -> View Agent -> .Net 3.5) when I set up my VM a few days ago. They problem I am having is deeper than the resizing issue - it will not take keyboard or mouse input at all. XP x64 is a supported OS, correct? I'm having trouble finding the list of supported desktop OSes in the documentation.

Any other instructions?

Your instructions did fix a XP x32 VM I was having screen sizing issues with, though.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Sorry, Windows XP 64bit is not supported at this time. The supported os versions is listed in the releasenotes.

Best regards,

Linjo

0 Kudos
Jakobwill
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We are having the same issues:

Setup: View Manager 4.0.1 - Composer 2.0

Win2k3 32bit on both.

Client: Vista 32bit SP2

Agent: Vista 32bit SP2

We got so far that we can see that the driver failing is: mksvchanserver.dll

03/15/2010, 15:22:44.822> LVL:2 RC: 0 MGMT_VCHAN :Loading C:\Program Files\Common Files\VMware\Teradici PCoIP Server\mksvchanserver.dll plugin ...

03/15/2010, 15:22:44.838> LVL:1 RC:-500 MGMT_VCHAN :DLL init failed (C:\Program Files\Common Files\VMware\Teradici PCoIP Server\mksvchanserver.dll)

We started a SR with VMware and are trying to figur out why this issues is starting.

Does anyone else have the same issues still?

0 Kudos