VMware Horizon Community
cmed85
Contributor
Contributor

Desktop icons moving from secondary monitor

Hello, 

We are currently using VMware Horizon at our company. I have a user who was complaining of their icons moving from their secondary monitor back to their primary monitor upon logging out and getting assigned a new virtual machine. 

This user takes certain files, moves them to the secondary monitor and sorts them by date, name, etc. I tried many of the usual Windows fixes for this type of issue to no avail. I am able to recreate the issue every time on my own VMs. 

My suspicion is that Horizon detects the first monitor upon sign in-which would move the icons over by default, and then later detects the second monitor. 

I was unable to find a fix for this when searching. Has anybody else dealt with this/come up with a workaround/fix?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kilroy526
Contributor
Contributor

What happens if you re-arrange icons on monitor 1; Do they stay after logout \ login?  Please see the following. https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2128007  Might help.

0 Kudos
cmed85
Contributor
Contributor

It looks like they have a tendency to also get jumbled and not stay in their exact spots. I have been doing a sort by file size, name, etc on the main screen. Everything will remain lined up nicely, and then on log in the "order" is still correct, but icons appear to still shuffle around the screen to different spots. This is when I just do the main screen only. 

0 Kudos