VMware Horizon Community
Harpstein123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Desktop Pools associated with wrong vcenter IP

We just completed a complete upgrade to vSphere 4.1 along with View 4.5, composer, etc....that goes along with it. We had a bunch of desktop pools that were deployed before long before the upgrade. As part of this upgrade, we also migrated vCenter to a new 64 bit machine with a new IP address. Now our desktop pools show that they are still associated with the old vCenter's IP address and we can no longer refresh or recompose those desktops. Is there a way to change the vCenter IP associated to those pools?

Thank you in advance!

Tim

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

You will need to login to vmware view admin page, and then re-add the new vcenter's IP address.

iDLE-jAM | VCP 2, VCP 3 & VCP 4

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
Harpstein123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Nope...I've done that already. When I look at the listing of the pools it still shows the previous IP as the vcenter that the pool was created with.

0 Kudos
EdOB
Contributor
Contributor

IF you are like most deployments you have composer deployed on your old vcenter, and the database refers to it when your pools do anything. I have never been able to change vcenters until I did a new pool, as all the pointers in the DB are going to the old composer, therefore the old vcenter. You new environment has not been referenced by the things that are in production.. Not sure how you would tell them about it..

0 Kudos