VMware Horizon Community
NSXACI
Contributor
Contributor

Design Document vs VVD ????

Dear Vmware Gurus,

Just want to double check one thing. We are deploying a Vmware Solution including NSX and Horizon. Most of the content of the documents provided by service provider is a copy paste from online Vmware valid design(VVD). The logical diagram in the document does not reflect our current topology. No one from service provider analyse our current network. Most of the answer of technical question are answered by 'this is based on the VVD'. No logical failover test plan is provided by service provider. I thought service provider should come up with the test plan and prove whatever have been done will work as expected. Not sure this is normal or we are just the most lucky guy. Just wondering whether anyone has the same experience. Have been working in IT for more than 15 years. First time of having this experience. Please share your experience. Your feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
NSXACI
Contributor
Contributor

We have expressed so clearly about what we need, such as having correct content and diagram in the document. At moment, the IP address in the current diagram is even the "172....." All our requests have been rejected by service provider, then we have been told "diagram was not included in the contract". I think the diagram and document are the tools to explain the design to customer and they are parts of the design. If customer paid service provider to come to do the design, should customer also need to highlight "diagram need to be done" in the contract? It sounds a little bit ridiculous. Eventually, our own staff is forced to update the document and create diagram by ourselve, but what our staff is doing is based on their understanding what service provider has done. It is like "chicken egg question". This kind of docment is also introducing the risk when we hand it over to operation team for support. I think the best people who create the docment and diagram should be the one who do the design. It looks like this issue only happens to us. We are dealing with a very special case. To make it worse is the service provider is using the same approach to do another project.

0 Kudos