VMware Horizon Community
chiakf2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Deploy virtual desktops for another AD domain

Hi Experts

Im currently running an evaluation of View Horizon 6 in a lab environment.

I would like to deploy virtual desktops in this scenario:

Currently all View and vSphere infrastructures are in abc.com

Pls refer attached screenshot of servers setup for this environment.

I have created Desktop Pools for Manual, Full, LinkedClone, LinkedClone with Persistent Disks and RDS pools

I would like to provide virtual desktops to other domain users in xyz.com

Question 1

Does View support this environment other than using Domain Trusts?

Question 2

What type of virtual desktop pools is most suitable, can pls help to elaborate? (Im thinking of LinkedClone with Persistent Disks)

Question 3

Is View mainly intended to manage in same domain of View components and virtual desktops in design?

Question 4

What is other recommendation and documentation link can i refer to?

Thanks

vwcon1-2014-08-06-17-36-28.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

1:   I believe a two day trust is required in all scenarios in which you are deploying to multiple domains via one View environment.

2:   That answer depends on your requirements and what you want to achieve from a user and desktop level.    Both would work in trusted domains.

3: 

4:   Try this document  https://pubs.vmware.com/horizon-view-60/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/horizon-view-60-architecture-pla...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

1:   I believe a two day trust is required in all scenarios in which you are deploying to multiple domains via one View environment.

2:   That answer depends on your requirements and what you want to achieve from a user and desktop level.    Both would work in trusted domains.

3: 

4:   Try this document  https://pubs.vmware.com/horizon-view-60/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/horizon-view-60-architecture-pla...

0 Kudos