VMware Horizon Community
wyldkao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Deploy a Linked Pool show a error message "COM ErrorCode:-2147022651"

Hi All

I try to create a linked pool to deploy XP SP3 but after configure pool and composer try to create VMs, it show a message in View Web Console "View Composer AD Fault: Failed to perform Active Directory operation. COM ErrorCode:-2147022651"

I check AD , the workstation object indeed be created by composer...but VMs do not be created in ESXi Server.

Who had similar experience like me ?

thanks!!

view_error.png

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

This KB seems to apply to you: VMware KB: Provisioning linked clones in View Manager fails with the error: Failed to perform active...

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
wyldkao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

I use your procedure and re-reploy again...but it get the same result (Deploy VMs then immediatily delete VM)

I deploy VM is vSAN datastore~~

wyld

view_error08.png

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

What privileges does the View Composer account have?

This should not be related to the storage used.

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
wyldkao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I use domain administrator account

and I try to test Full VM pool, it work fine~~~and re-recreate linked pool, get the same fail result.

I use view 5.2 (version is 987719 ), if I need update which patch ??

wyld

0 Kudos
wyldkao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I update it from 5.2 to 5.3.1

I still get the same result

which method I could get the detail debug log about this error message from my View Lab ?

thanks!!

wyldkao

0 Kudos
wyldkao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hi

Itest some thimes and find a interesting condition...Ihad disable DRS and HA function of Cluster.

but when I recheck my issue I find

1. my source VM at server01 ex:192.168.0.71

2. replicate linked VM at server02 ex:192.168.0.76

3. Tag VM at server02 ex:192.168.0.62

then immediately auto delete TagVM and replicate VM~~then I get the COMerror code..

base on my understanding , replicate and TagVM should be link SourceVM.My mean that they should be locate the same esxi server right ?

exclude DRS and HA, which setting will cause my issue? who has similar experience like me ??

thanks!!

wyldkao

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

That should not be related.

What do you mean with "TagVM"?

What vSphere version are you on and is all this on shared storage?

Could you try with using sysprep instead?

// Linjo

0 Kudos
wyldkao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI Linjo

about tag VM, like screenshot(you could see they are placed different server location), I had disable DRS and HA function in my lab, but the issue still occur (extra information, my one node server show "Unconfigure Error which point disable HA fail")

view_linkedVM_Hostsstatus.png

Besides, I use vCenter 5.5U1a, and ESXi Version are 5.5 (Because I use vSAN as View testing Datastore)

wyldkao

0 Kudos