VMware Horizon Community
DSlane
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Delete a Orphaned View Desktop

I was hopping that someone could help me out.

I have a VMware view environment that I recently brought up on attached to a vSphere server during a evaluation of the product. Once I was done evaluating the product and was ready to bring it into production I attached it to my production vSphere server and deleted the evaluation vSphere server. I did this without removing a couple of desktop pools and desktop. They have since been deleted, however I cannot remove them from the View server because it cannot connect to the composer server (it was deleted) to delete them.

So my question is how can I remove the phantom desktops and pools from my view server? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The error I recieve is:

Pool cn=64addbd5-6360-4a69-b92c-5f87de254fa2,ou=virtualcenter,ou=properties,dc=vdi,dc=vmware,dc=int::Unable to stop VM /View/vm/Non-persistent/WORKSTATION1 for deletion - Unable to communicate with the remote host, since it is disconnected.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
banthony
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Good to hear you got it figured out. For future reference needs to be replaced with the actual name of the virtual machine.

Example: (&(objectClass=pae-VM)(pae-displayname=ViewDesktop01))

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
banthony
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Please follow the steps in this KB article.

Manually deleting linked clones or stale virtual desktop entries from VMware View Manager

The article is not very clear on the connection settings so I provided a screenshot of the settings that worked for me.

DSlane
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your assistance, however I am not getting any results from my query.

Here is a screenshot.

0 Kudos
DSlane
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Even though the query did not work, I was able to figure out which systems it was and delete them.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

0 Kudos
banthony
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Good to hear you got it figured out. For future reference needs to be replaced with the actual name of the virtual machine.

Example: (&(objectClass=pae-VM)(pae-displayname=ViewDesktop01))

0 Kudos