VMware Horizon Community
tonman23
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Default Image change not applying to desktop pool View Manager 4

When i try to edit a desktop pool to change the Default Image everything seems fine. I choose the snapshot that I would like to use and apply it without any errors. However, when I reboot the desktops in the pool they are still on the old Default Image. I can tell pretty easily because the new images has flash plugin but the previous does not. Everything on View Manger looks correct, it shows the Parent VM as the correct one as well as the correct Image. Is there something else i need to do?

Thanks for all the help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JCL225
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is this a persistent or a non persistent pool?

If its a persistent pool you have to also do a recompose (under Edit Image) to update the vms, followed by a reboot etc.

If its a non persistent pool, just rebooting the desktops won't do anything. The new image will only be used on new desktop/clones. Will have to remove the old desktops.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JCL225
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is this a persistent or a non persistent pool?

If its a persistent pool you have to also do a recompose (under Edit Image) to update the vms, followed by a reboot etc.

If its a non persistent pool, just rebooting the desktops won't do anything. The new image will only be used on new desktop/clones. Will have to remove the old desktops.

0 Kudos
tonman23
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks! FYI it was non-persistent so removed the old desktops and created new ones. Worked perfectly.

0 Kudos