VMware Horizon Community
nazmihalili
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Dedicated VM to specific thin client

Hi All

Need to ask u guys, is there a way to create VDI in this environment.

VM01 dedicated to ThinClient01, but can use with multiple user?

Now we are deployed the VDI in CallCenter.

We need to dedicated the VM to thin client because the voice and screen recording software.

Thanks Guys. Hope can solve this issues.

BoB

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Yes you can by installing the Direct Connect Agent. Then make sure to add the name of the machine in the server top connect to in the thin client and your good to go.

I would also suggest removing the need to check the certificate if you don't have your own CA an can create certificates for the computer account. Otherwise you would not only need to create a certificate for the machine but also add the root certificate into the certificate store on the ThinClient.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Yes you can by installing the Direct Connect Agent. Then make sure to add the name of the machine in the server top connect to in the thin client and your good to go.

I would also suggest removing the need to check the certificate if you don't have your own CA an can create certificates for the computer account. Otherwise you would not only need to create a certificate for the machine but also add the root certificate into the certificate store on the ThinClient.

0 Kudos
EricNichols
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

If you don't want to use direct connect, try a pool just for that VM.

0 Kudos
jonathanjabez
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Dedicated desktops work for the entitled users irrespective of the end client device they log in. In your case, you would like to dedicate VDI Desktop to a specific End client machine. Is that end client a dedicated machine to 1 user or shared by multiple users?

0 Kudos
nazmihalili
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

its work.. thanks bro.. but how to change the domain name? they down want user to change to another domain accept shangri-la.com

pastedImage_0.png

since this machine will use for agent. i need to config the domain direct to shangri-la.com.

please help sifu..

Thanks

0 Kudos
nazmihalili
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

currently we can deploy 140 vm for this environment, but the user will use around 300 day and night shift. so i cannot create a dedicated pool right? need to create a floating pool. but the vm need to dedicated to the workstation because the phone extension software want to capture the activity.

0 Kudos
nazmihalili
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ya. 1 pool with 1 vm. and i need to create 140 pool. is there can make the server resouce full? then how i can make sure the user will selected the respective vm. thanks.

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

IF you are using the client on a Windows machine you can use the prefs.txt to set the domain but a user will still be able to change it I believe.

If using a Teradici Zero client just make sure to use the MC of Teradici in which you can set specific policies to only use the domain you want to specify,

Regarding your last question. I don't really understand what you mean. If you want to create 1 pool with 1 machine just make sure to only assign 1 user to that 1 machine so it will always get that machine. It doesn't matter if you create 1 pool with 140 machines or 140 pools with 1 machine performance wise. Only issue is that you need to create those pools which is extrmeley admin intensive. Also, if you refresh the machine after use and you only have 1 machine in that pool the user needs to wait for that machine to be recomposed before it can use it again.

Just wanted to ask. Are these applications that need to be assigned to 1 specific user?? If so, have you looked at Appvolumes? It can provide one user with a specific application.

0 Kudos