VMware Horizon Community
Helican
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Dedicated Assignement Pool USB Printer Issue

If this is the wrong area, I apologize and will move it where directed.

We have:

View 4.6.2 build-916912

vSphere/vCenter 4.1.0 - 799345

A dedicated assignment pool with one machine (Win7 SP1), single user. We are trying to get a local USB printer to recieve print jobs from the VDI machine. The printer is an HP 2300 series. The printer is installed on the local machine. The first document prints fine, the second document will blue screen the VDI machine (Capture.jpg).

Any thoughts?

If any additional information is needed, I will gladly provide them.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I always think driver first but if you want more detailed info on that regard you could look up the stop code on Microsoft site and see what it says.   

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Do both the client and the VDI machine have the latest printer drivers installed?      A viable alternative may be to use thinprint to have the printer mapped over into the VDI session.  

0 Kudos
Helican
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, both have the drivers installed.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I knew they both had them installed, I just wanted to verify it was the latest and they were consistent.      Any thoughts on thinprint as a workaround?   

0 Kudos
Helican
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Unfortunately I am not familiar with thinprint. Would you be willing to point me to a resource that would describe/walk-through the process?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Here are some links that may help.    The latter blog is extremely beneficial in all areas of VDI but the link is to a section on thinprint.      Let me know if you need any additional clarification.

http://www.thinprint.com/vmware-view

http://myvirtualcloud.net/?p=1815

Helican
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I will go ahead and review the information! Any thoughts on why a printer would be BSODing my VDI?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I always think driver first but if you want more detailed info on that regard you could look up the stop code on Microsoft site and see what it says.   

0 Kudos