VMware Horizon Community
vivekrishna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Datastores unable to accommodate the new virtual machine because of one or more errors. Space reserved for expansion of VMs.

Hi,

My desktop pool provisioning is disable, cannot enable. I am getting this error "Datastores unable to accommodate the new virtual machine because of one or more errors. Space reserved for expansion of VMs. "

I am not able to rebalance as well. What can be the problem. "Datastores unable to accommodate the new virtual machine because of one or more errors. Space reserved for expansion of VMs. "

Please advise.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Soe_Htoon_Oo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Vivekrishna,

I'd like to refer to this below link solution you try to follow.

VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos
jonathanjabez
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

HI,

If you have sufficient disk space in your datastore(s), then edit the pool settings, go to vCenter and in Datastores, try selecting the storage commit levels to Aggressive or Unbounded" and then enable provisioning and check if machines get provisioned

elect the storage overcommit level from the drop-down menu.

OptionDescription
NoneStorage is not overcommitted.
Conservative4 times the size of the datastore. This is the default level.
Moderate7 times the size of the datastore.
Aggressive15 times the size of the datastore.
Unbounded

View does not limit the number of linked-clone machines that it creates based on the physical capacity of the datastore. Select this level only if you are certain that the datastore has enough storage capacity to accommodate all of the machines and their future growth.

If case if any of the datastores running out of space, try to reduce the available machine count or add a new datastores and select it in pool settings and then try to rebalance the VDIs.

/Jon

workid365
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, just wanted to say i had the same problem and this has fixed my issue, selected unbounded i can now create VMs again

Thank you so much Jonathanjabez, saved my life! ha

0 Kudos
choopy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Jon, setting storage commit levels to Aggressive and then back to Conservative fixed it for me.