VMware Horizon Community
Wooley_Bulley
Contributor
Contributor

Datastore browser shows multiple copies of desktop name _number

One of my ESX hosts datastore's is starting to run low on space, when looking at it with the datastore browser I can see multiple copies of the machine name incremented with "_sequential-number" each containing a copy of the machines vmdk file roughly 80 - 90Mb in size; is this correct, does anyone have any idea why there are there???

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What type of machines are these (Linked clones/Instant clones/Full clones/)? This will happen when a VM is created and the name of the VM matches an existing folder name. If the folders are empty or unused they can be purged.

0 Kudos
Kerbec
Contributor
Contributor

We are having the same issue, and I have a case open with VMware and HP about it. (Our environments runs on HP's Simplivity platform)

Issue started occurring after upgrading our ESXi hosts and vcenter to 6.7, and Horizon to 7.6

When a non-persistant linked-clone attempts an automatic refresh after logout, it enters an error state. We then have to manually remove it so a new one is provisioned, and then it creates a new vm with the _# extension on the end of it.

0 Kudos