VMware Horizon Community
falsehope
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Datastore Full : Can I remove the full one and add a new?

Hello all,

We have a pool that has 4 Datastores with one having only 15G left. I would like to know if I can remove that full one and add a new lun into the pool of Datastores. Can I do this?

I think I can as the existing desktops will continue to live on and newly created ones will be created on the new Lun. I just would like to know if someone has done this in a live production environment. I looked in the docs but did not find any info on this.

regards...

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You shouldn't have any problems with this. I think 15GB free on a datastore is really cutting it close. Are these full images or linked clones?

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You shouldn't have any problems with this. I think 15GB free on a datastore is really cutting it close. Are these full images or linked clones?

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
falsehope
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

THANKS!

I just did not want to walk into the dark by myself Smiley Happy

:smileysilly:

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Not a problem at all. Just to clarify you are doing this through the View Admin page, correct Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
falsehope
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Correct.

I guess I also could have Rebalanced, but now I know Smiley Wink

0 Kudos