VMware Horizon Community
jeffrobinson85
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

DPI Synchronization vs. Display Scaling

Hello,

Seeing an interesting issue and I want to know if anyone is experiencing the same thing. In our environment we have a GPO that disables DPI Synchronization. When connecting from a high resolution device such as a Surface Book, everything looks really tiny. Even with Allow Display Scaling checked. If we toggle Display Scaling off and back on it scales as expected. If you log off and back on you again, need to toggle display scaling off and on. We are using the 4.7 Horizon Client and the 7.3.1 Horizon Agent. We notice this on both Windows 7 and Windows 10 VM's.

If we use DPI Synchronization alone it effects the performance of the VM. Mouse moves slower and graphics are not a crisp.

Thanks

Jeff

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

We were seeing something similar with Horizon Agent 7.1.0. Sometimes display scaling wouldn't work. The user would have to uncheck and then check display scaling. Sometimes a restart of the VM that they were connecting to was needed. We just upgraded to 7.4.0 and are in the process of rolling out the agent to see if it helps.

0 Kudos
jeffrobinson85
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ben,

Let me know what you find. We are still on 7.3.1 and I'm not sure when we will upgrade to 7.4 or beyond.

Thanks

Jeff

0 Kudos