VMware Horizon Community
oldmw
Contributor
Contributor

DHCP String for WYSE to autologin

I have tested Provision Networks solution and to make the Wyse Thin OS Client boot to a login screen you just hadd to add option 188 for Connection Broker to the DHCP and point to the connection broker address.

I am now testing VDM and need to know how to have the Wyse Thin OS Client boot to a login screen as well - What DHCP option and info do I put in?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
brekus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In addition to using option 188 for the broker. You will need to use 161, 184, 185 for the FTP server and account info. You will need to create a wnos.ini file on the FTP server to enable the autologin. The WYSE documentation can help you config the FTP server directories for the wnos.ini file. You will have to set signon=yes which will automaticaly bring up the prompt. I don't think it can be done via DHCP.

0 Kudos
mats82
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

I'm just doing some testing with Provision Networkd VDI's and the WTOS. I'm having difficulties enabling the DHCP option 188 on the DHCP servers as it's not listed.

Anything specific i need to do for this to appear? DHCP server in Windows Server 2003.

Thanks

0 Kudos