VMware Horizon Community
rwardley
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Customization operation timed out on Linked Clone

I am stuck with this and wonder if anyone can help please.

I have Horizon 7.12 and get the above message after 1h of the provisioning Windows 10 as a Linked Clone.

Its a fresh install of Horizon, and I have tried increasing the timeout registry key on the Gold image.

I have also tried enabling the SkipLicenseActivation registy key to see if that helps.

Instant clones from the same Gold image work ok..

Below is what the log from the failed provisioned guest shows.

The guest does optain an IP address, but it is not renamed.

Any help would be appreciated with diagnosing this.

vmware-viewcomposer-nga.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwardley
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I had forgotten (or didnt pay enough attention) that Horizon Agent has a selection for either Instant Clone Agent or Composer Linked Clone Agent during its installation - and of course I was using the Gold image which had the Horizon Agent configured for Instant Clone.

Upon reconfiguration to enable Composer Linked Clone in the Horizon Agent, the pool provisioned successfully.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Please share below info:

> Are you using quickprep or cloneprep customization for cloning?

> Windows 10 build and horizon view agent version you are installing? Make sure it is supported as per VMware Knowledge Base

> Make sure machine is getting a valid IP and DNS name during customization.

> Is your master image joined to domain? If yes, remove it from domain and try again. Make sure view composer service account has rights to add machines to domain.

> If running any post-sync script, remove it and try again.

> If issue still persist,provide below log files :

%system_drive%\Windows\Temp\VMware\vmware-viewcomposer-ga-new.log

%system_drive%\Windows\netlogon.log and netsetup.log

0 Kudos
rwardley
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I had forgotten (or didnt pay enough attention) that Horizon Agent has a selection for either Instant Clone Agent or Composer Linked Clone Agent during its installation - and of course I was using the Gold image which had the Horizon Agent configured for Instant Clone.

Upon reconfiguration to enable Composer Linked Clone in the Horizon Agent, the pool provisioned successfully.

0 Kudos
Franklin2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

mine are not getting a DNS and just showing the name of the gold image. Not sure why this is happening. 

0 Kudos
heman4
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

im also facing the same issue, btw any solutions or fix for the issue? 

0 Kudos