VMware Horizon Community
msmeltzer
Contributor
Contributor

Customization Specification not availble when creating desktops

I am in the process of creating linked clone desktops and haven't used View Manager 4 much, so just wondering if this is even possible like this. I want to use my customization specification to specify the windows product code, and mainly the credentials to join the domain... i don't see a section to choose this customization that i set up in vcenter.. just wondering if it's possible when you pull your image from a linked clone VM or if it can only be done when you make VM's from a template??

i want my machines to joint he domain and be ready to use when i create them and the quick prep didn't seem to do anything either...

any help would be great!

thanks

matt

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Rexroat_J
Contributor
Contributor

In the installations that I have done, I do all the customizations to the "base image", shut down the virtual machine, take a snapshot of the virtual machine and create the linked clone pool from the snapshot. As systems are created, View tacks on a unique identifier (1,2,3....) to each of the machines it creates for the pool, and adds them to the domain automatically. Not sure if this is what you after or not...

0 Kudos