VMware Horizon Community
glassin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Creating desktop pool 'select parent blank'

I restored my golden image to my DR site and went through the process of creating a new pool to test DR.   At the part of 'select parent vm' i browse and it's blank.  If i check 'show all parent vm'', all my vm's show including the image and the image from last yr (which worked then).  All at this point will have a button next to it stating "unsupported guest OS".  all are windows and this had worked before, the old image had a snapshot as does the new one.   These are view composer linked clones, i've tried a simple reboot twice and still nothing.

Everything in the dashboard is green so i haven't found any errors.    Any thoughts on where i can check?

view administrator 6.2.3

vsphere 6

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
glassin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This can be disregarded i found the issue.   At some point this setting became unchecked.

In the admin UI:

View Configuration -> Global Settings -> General -> Enable Windows Server desktops.

All my images are based on server platform..   resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
glassin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This can be disregarded i found the issue.   At some point this setting became unchecked.

In the admin UI:

View Configuration -> Global Settings -> General -> Enable Windows Server desktops.

All my images are based on server platform..   resolved.

0 Kudos