VMware Horizon Community
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Creating VM's without vSphere Licensing

I had a customer with a good question that I couldn't explain.

What's stopping someone from just purchasing a View starter kit (vSphere for Desktops, vCenter, View Seats) and using that to create vSphere vm's instead of purchasing view licensing?

What options are different from create a VM with view and creating a VM with vSphere. I called tech support and he said it was basically the options to access that VM. The customer said he created the vms fine and was using View trial.

Just looking for an easy way to explain why this wouldn't work for customers. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The thing that stops the customer is the EULA, its simply not allowed to use those vSphere Licenses for other then Desktop OS and supporting infrastucture. If they did that anyway they would be in breach of the license agreement.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The thing that stops the customer is the EULA, its simply not allowed to use those vSphere Licenses for other then Desktop OS and supporting infrastucture. If they did that anyway they would be in breach of the license agreement.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos