VMware Horizon Community
SystemJay
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Created a new pool, the pool inventory is empty

Hi!

I wonder how to start troubleshooting this:

I have used View for a little time now. Created pools and have few working on production-level.

I created a new pool few days ago, but the inventory for that pool stays empty!

There is no error message in events, nothing, it like sits doing nothing after the pool is created.

in vCenter, it does create the folder to the location where the desktops should be, but nothing more, the folder is empty.

There is no error message during the creation of the pool.

Im using vmware view 5.1.2.

Any ideas what I can do now?

Thank you in advance!

I have done so far:

* restarted the services.

* reboot vcenter.

* tried using another image and snap shot.

* created pool with different ID and name.

* tried placing the desktops to another storage.

* checked that the pool is enabled

* checked that the pool is set to provision

* pool is set to stop provisionin on error (tested without this also)

* pool is an automated pool, floating assignment, vCenter (linked clone)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
eeg3
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

I've seen similar behavior before, but cannot remember the KB I used to resolve; however, the recommended solution was a reboot of connection servers and vCenter.  Not sure this is the same issue and I noticed you mentioned you rebooted vCenter and bounced services, but wasn't sure if you rebooted your connection servers.

Blog: http://blog.eeg3.net

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
vedeht
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Are any of the View actions working?  Does it create any desktops in any other pool?  Check the composer server for error logs. 

What type of pool are you creating?  Linked clones? Full VMs? 

Try our VMWare View Demo on www.virtualdojo.com
0 Kudos
SystemJay
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

I will be able to test other actions later. IF they do not work, what are you suspecting?

Which log exactly should I check? Sorry IF silly question, with system center you have enormous amount of logs. I havnt had the need to troubleshoot vmware view before.

Pool is: " pool is an automated pool, floating assignment, vCenter (linked clone) "

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
eeg3
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

I've seen similar behavior before, but cannot remember the KB I used to resolve; however, the recommended solution was a reboot of connection servers and vCenter.  Not sure this is the same issue and I noticed you mentioned you rebooted vCenter and bounced services, but wasn't sure if you rebooted your connection servers.

Blog: http://blog.eeg3.net
0 Kudos
SystemJay
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok. I have not rebooted connection servers yet. Since im out of ideas ATM, i will try that as well. In the mean time, any additional information is helpful (should you remember more of your case). The fact that there is no error message in view administration is odd.

0 Kudos
SystemJay
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for you two for bothering. I had access to the system at the end of the weeked - that is why I could not test anything before.

Resolution:

The reboot of the view connection servers changed everything, and suddenly I had events and inventory in my pool (and saw vCenter cloning workstations).

The reboot of the vCenter server or the restart of the services on servers was not enough to solve this for me. I have a new perspective on how to operate

view now, thank you for that.

0 Kudos