VMware Horizon Community
bbhulsey
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Create shortcut for other than current user

My apologies in advance if this is the wrong forum for this.  I have no experience with VMWare except as an end user.

In the VMWare Horizon Client 5.5.4 build-19469119 I can connect to a server, then right click on a desktop within that server and select "Create Shortcut To Desktop" in the resulting context menu to create a shortcut directly on my Windows 10 desktop.  This shortcut has a URL that looks something like the following:

vmware-view://vdi.mysite.org/cn=...,ou=entitlements,dc=vdiglobal,dc=vmware,dc=int

Is there a way to modify that URL so that I am prompted for credentials (as if I had de-selected the option "Log in as current user" when connecting to the server)?  Better still is it possible to specify a username and domain (without password) in the URL for the shortcut?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mickeybyte
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

@bbhulsey 

Please check the following documentation page: Running Horizon Client From the Command Line (vmware.com)

I haven't used them myself, but you might find the options you need there. 

Regards,
Mickeybyte (ITPro blog)

If you found this comment useful or an answer to your question, please mark as 'Solved' and/or click the 'Kudos' button, please ask follow-up questions if you have any.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Mickeybyte
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

@bbhulsey 

Please check the following documentation page: Running Horizon Client From the Command Line (vmware.com)

I haven't used them myself, but you might find the options you need there. 

Regards,
Mickeybyte (ITPro blog)

If you found this comment useful or an answer to your question, please mark as 'Solved' and/or click the 'Kudos' button, please ask follow-up questions if you have any.
bbhulsey
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks MickeyByte, this is indeed helpful.  I was hoping that the URL could be modified as I am guessing this would make the solution 32 and 64 bit independent but it looks like the command line option is going to have to be the way to go.

-Bruce

0 Kudos