VMware Horizon Community
joselynx
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Create pool a duplicate name exist on network

Hi all

I have made a installation of View manager 3.0.1 on a customer.

The problem i´ve is that when i deploy a pool of desktops from a template of Windows XP, Virtualcenter starts to create the desktops and assign the same vitual machine name on several desktops. i. e. i create a pool of 4 desktops, i, have made a guest customization via virtualcenter indicating that the guest name must be VDI and check the option to append a numeric value.

When virtualcenter has finished creating the desktops i can see that the dns names of the desktops are VDI-0, VDI-0, VDI-1 and VDI-1.

Virtualcenter starts to create virtual machines in pairs almost at the same time. Thats the reason why it assings the same name for 2 virtual machines.

There is no DHCP at the moment. the customization file is defined to use DHCP, and add the machine to the domain despite of it wont work.

I dont know why virtualcenter deploy 2 virtual machines at once time.

Someone could tell me where is the problem?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

First, vCenter will always try to do two of the processes at the same time. You can adjust this where you added vCenter to View (the advanced settings allow you to adjust it higher or lower).

Second, if the customization file requires DHCP and you don't have one, they will always fail and that might be why you are getting two of the same ID (it tries to create them, they fail, so it tries again).

Get the DHCP working first to eliminate that so that the deployment can run fully.

And what do you mean by: "..check the option to append a numeric value." Where did you do this? Can you put up a screenshot?

Want make a difference in the future of VMware Products? Feature request your ideas ( )!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

First, vCenter will always try to do two of the processes at the same time. You can adjust this where you added vCenter to View (the advanced settings allow you to adjust it higher or lower).

Second, if the customization file requires DHCP and you don't have one, they will always fail and that might be why you are getting two of the same ID (it tries to create them, they fail, so it tries again).

Get the DHCP working first to eliminate that so that the deployment can run fully.

And what do you mean by: "..check the option to append a numeric value." Where did you do this? Can you put up a screenshot?

Want make a difference in the future of VMware Products? Feature request your ideas ( )!

0 Kudos