VMware Horizon Community
DumbUsername
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Crash during VMware View Agent USB Hub Driver Install

On Win10 1607, we have Horizon 7.1 agent installed and functional. Uninstalled the agent, restarted, removed leftover registry entries, restarted. Tried to install another version of Horizon Agent (6.2.4) and the system crashes during USB hub driver install phase.

Has anyone seen this?

6 Replies
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Could you please check If the issue is reproducible with any other view agent version or 7.1 version also ensure all the View components are on the same version

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos
cjabates
Contributor
Contributor

I also have this issue, even on a fresh OS deployment, in both of my environments.

Win10 1607 x64, patches through Aug. 2017 applied

Horizon Agent 7.1.0-5941321

ESXi 6.0u3 / ESXi 6.5d

H/W: v.11 / v. 13

Tools: 10277 / 10272

Agent install on the 6.0 environment gets to USB Hub install and reboots the VM; on the 6.5 environment, it gets a BSoD.  Upon reboot, no commands sent via keyboard are recognized, nor is the ctrl-alt-del keystroke sent by the command button in the VMRC menu bar.

This occurs regardless of the presence of a USB controller on the VM, or if using Composer clone or Instant clone settings.

0 Kudos
MarkusHartmann
Contributor
Contributor

same here Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
mvapex
Contributor
Contributor

same here

0 Kudos
bahsig
Contributor
Contributor

same here for 7.3 and 7.3.2 agent on a fully patched windows 7. it's working on a non patched windows 7 machine. the 7.2 agent is working on a fully patched system.

update:

i resolved the issue by uninstalling vmware remote console prior to agent installation.

cjabates
Contributor
Contributor

The VMRC was also causing my issue.  With the 10.0.2 release, that went away, however.

0 Kudos