VMware Horizon Community
RickJSalt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Corrupt user profile in Horizon View?

I have a floating pool of Windows 7 machines running a specific application for our GIS group but for one user, no matter what he does, the application crashes when he's logged in.  No other users are experiencing this issue.  I've recomposed the pool but that doesn't help.  I suspect it's down to a corrupted app profile, but so far I'm not succeeding.  I use Persona to manage the user profiles; I've found his profile and nuked it.  After he logged in, a new profile is created, but the crashing app behavior persists.  I'm hoping someone here has some insight that might help.  Cheers!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kishoreg5674
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you seeing EventID 1000 in the eventvwr when the app crashes ? If yes, you may have to capture the memory dump of the crashing process.

Download sysinternal tool from ProcDump - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs

On the VM where the app is crashing, Browse to a location where you have downloaded Procdump

open CMD as administrator and run the command Procdump -e -ma <PID>, where PID is the PID of the crashing application process.

This will generate the memory dump when the application crashes next time.

0 Kudos
RickJSalt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I can try that, but because it's a floating pool, the user doesn't get the same machine from the pool every time he logs in.  I've watched and seen him get three machines in three successive instances and the app crashes every time.  He has the app installed locally on his workstation as a workaround, and it works just fine.  Another person getting any of the previous machines has no trouble with the application.  That's why it seems to be a user/app profile issue to me.

0 Kudos