VMware Horizon Community
plizken
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Connection to a specific desktop

Hi

I want the connection client to connect to specific desktop even if the user have access to diffrent desktops.

By using the selectdesktop in the GPO i can connect to a specific desktop at login, BUT if i hit cancel when connecting i got to choose what desktop i want to connect to. This is in a school enviroment so i either need to find a way to disable the cancel button or find another way to connect to a specific desktop.

The location feature mentioned in a earlier post should be fine, but i need a solution now.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

What about hardcoding the user name and password in a commandline and let the client autologin to the desktop?

To make it a bit more advanced you could probably do a little fancy scripting to use the mac-address as the user name and create the corresponding user name in the AD and entitle the user to a desktop or pool.

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
plizken
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The users may vary alot so i dont know what users will use the desktops, and its non persistant.

its just big groups of students.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

In that case I am not sure I understand your request properly, please describe how you would like it to work.

Also please let us know if the client is thick or thin and what OS is used on both sides.

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
plizken
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thin client XPe and XP on the vm. Non persistant

Scenario: A Student are entitled to the vdi that is on the libary and he also is entitled to his class VDI´s.

So he gets a list of 2 vdi to choose from.

The class VDI´s is monitored by the teacher, to avoid that the pupil surf the net instead of doing his assignments,or the teacher wants to show on the class vdi´s diffrent things.

So i want the pupil to be forced to log into his class vdi when he is on the class thin clients.

Hope this explains the problenm

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Aha, I get it.

You can solve that with the tag based pools and connection brokers.

The downside is that you need one connection server per classroom.

Best regards,

Linjo

0 Kudos