VMware Horizon Community
saleem1
Contributor
Contributor

Connection server - Port 80

Hi there

I am having problem with installing connection server (Security Server) on a virtual machine after few initial steps it failed as

"TCP port 80 is already in use. This port needs to be available for product to be installed. Please removed any software the might be using this port and try again."

I used netstats to find which programme is using port 80 and revealed that Systems using it.

Any Idea how to close port 80 in order to install Connection Server.

11 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

It could be that Microsoft IIS is being turned on.

stop and disable the www service

type services.msc from the run command prompt > scroll down to World Wide Publishing service.

or go to control panel > Administrative Tools > Services.msc > World Wide Publishing service.

iDLE-jAM | VCP 2, VCP 3 & VCP 4

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

EdOB
Contributor
Contributor

netstat will tell you if something is listening on port 80.. but idle-jam is probably right on..

0 Kudos
saleem1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks guys

0 Kudos
Phany
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I did cross verify and found no Services like WWW or any other service is using this port.

Could anybody tell me how to identifiy which application or Service is using Port 80 any perticular command.

Rgds

Phaneesh

0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

netstat -ano

Look at the PID of the process listening on port 80 (e.g. PID 1234)

tasklist /FI "PID eq 1234"

The Image Name will show you who is listening on port 80.

Mark.

0 Kudos
Phany
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Mark,

This helped me.

Regards

Phaneesh

0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What was the image name?

0 Kudos
Phany
Contributor
Contributor

It was firefox, which occupied port 80. I un-installed Firefox and it worked for me. Probably this is another solution.

0 Kudos
jfnoriega
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for your answer, saved me a lot of time !!  (^_^)v

0 Kudos
vesej
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, all.

I have the same problem in a new installed Windows Server, so it doesn't have Firefox, IIS or another application. The output of netstat -ano shows only a non-routable address 0.0.0.0:80. 

Anyone had the same problem?

Regards. 

0 Kudos
mohitbest07
Contributor
Contributor

Enter the registration form and find Hkey_local_machine>system>currentcontrolset>services>http. Locate a DWORD value start, change it to 4, and then restart the computer, the system process will not consume 80 ports

0 Kudos