VMware Horizon Community
Kbeste
Contributor
Contributor

Connection problems to external view presence

Hey all-

I'm having some issues getting connected to my external view presence.  We are currently using vCenter 5.0.  Our external setup is an external IP address pointing to a load balancer sitting in our DMZ, which is pointing to a pair of security servers.  I can get logged into the server using the View client, see my pools, and selected a pool to load; but that's as far as I can get.  Once the pool tries to load, I get nothing but a black screen for 10-15 seconds, after which I get the following error:

image[5].png

The real irritating part is if I edit my hostfile to point to the external IP address of the load balancer plus either port 443 or 4172 (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:443 or 4172), I can connect fine.  While this solution allows for home PC users to connect, it doesn't help those users with iOS or Android devices.  Plus, editing the host files of home PCs isn't really something that I want to get into.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Kyle

0 Kudos
1 Reply
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You can set up View so that you don't need hostfile changes.

Follow the 3 setup steps carefully. http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-14974

If you you're still having problems, let us know more details and someone here will help you.

Mark

0 Kudos