VMware Horizon Community
mreferre
Champion
Champion

Connection Brokers summary

I am trying to fill up a table with all the brokers available associated to general characteristics.

These are the brokers I am currently considering: CitrixCDB, Leostream, Propero, Dunes, Provision Networks, 2X (ThinClientOS), (Syncron) ?

These are the characteristics I am putting into the table:

\- License costs per user: low/med/high (40/50 would be low, 400/500 would be high...)

\- Protocol being used: ICA/RDP

\- Client Device supported: browser/PClinux/PCXp/TCXPe/TCLinux/TCce/WyseS10......

\- Integrated single sign-on

\- Requires a scalable broker layer: yes / no (i.e. does the user connection goes from the client device to the XP vm directly (like with Leostream/Dunes) or does it have to go through the connection broker (like with the CitrixCDB)?)

\- Provides integrated Secure Access / VPN: yes/no

Before we start filling this virtual table up .... is there anything else you think would want to add ? Other brokers ? Other characteristics ?

Massimo.

Massimo Re Ferre' VMware vCloud Architect twitter.com/mreferre www.it20.info
0 Kudos
61 Replies
Harry_H
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Massimo,

Your work is truly outstanding. Thanks for spending so much time on this.

I want to note something. VMware is bragging about the fact that you can use repurposed PC's with their broker. The chart says (no?). The answer as far as I can tell is yes. Thanks, Harry

0 Kudos
mreferre
Champion
Champion

Harry,

first of all thank you very much for your words.

As per your question... yes I agree that is confusing. However there is a difference between "philosophically" being able to re-use repurposed PC and the broker being able to repurpose old pc's right out of the box for you (as it is the case for the 2X suite of products).

You can always build your own mini-linux boot cd (or whatever) and connect to the broker etc etc etc ..... but it's more cumbersome than the broker being able to repurpose it for you.

I think I should re-phrase in my table "repurposed PC" into "integrated repurposed PC". That should clarify my point.

Thanks again.

Massimo.

P.S. while I am at it .... I have also added the Clearcube Sentral as well as the Ericom PowerTerm products into the table. Still working on those entries though ...

Massimo Re Ferre' VMware vCloud Architect twitter.com/mreferre www.it20.info
0 Kudos