I want to access a vvview server but everytime i try to i get this:

Error: An SSL error occured

Why is this happening?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
vcpguy
Expert
Expert

You need to give some more information.Where are you seeing this error message? What version you are using? Is this on View Administrator or via View client ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
0 Kudos
evilpanda
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so I am using VMware Horizon View Client 2.3.0 build-1551379. I am seeing this message right after It said connecting to server when you click the blue cloud. Here is what I see:

Vm.JPG

Do you need anything else? Ooh I am trying to connect to that network from my house if it makes a difference...

0 Kudos
pengwang
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

it happens every time or sometime? Please also check your client host environment firstly such as: proxy setting in IE, if you can connect to the server by ip, if you configured setting in registry HKLM->system->currentcontrolset>control>security providers or in HKLM\software\policies\VMware, Inc\VMware VDM\client\security\sslcipherlist?  And What's the server version? Please upload the client debug log base on the steps from kb1017939 if you still got the error, thanks.

0 Kudos
evilpanda
Contributor
Contributor

I am a bit confused by your last post. I am not the administrator of the server all I have is the name of the server and my log in.

I found this thread on your forum and this guy wants to connect to the same server as I do. So I am assuming It can be done. How would I find the server version? I am new to this and I do not understand what you said... ^_^

https://communities.vmware.com/message/2318515

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi evilpanda,

It seems a network problem. It's better to ask help from your company's IT guys first if you are an end user.

If you want to resolve it by yourself. Please try to:1.check your proxy settings as pengwang mentioned(disable it to re-try, if possible) 2.check your dns settings (use 'obtain dns server automatically' if possible)

0 Kudos
pengwang
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You mentioned the same server in the original thread link you use is already helpful. Smiley Happy, It doesn't look like a problem with client, trying from here get the same result

There might be a firewall or Load balancer configuration issue If you can connect to that server successfully from the school. if the connection also failed in the school internally, there should be a configure issue in the View Server.

In all, this is a configuration issue with the school's environment, you will need to talk to the admin. Thanks.