VMware Horizon Community
Have_Blue
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Connecting to a PCoIP card equipped PC

The iPad client is working beautifully, but only for connecting to VMs.  I'm trying to connect to a desktop PC equipped with a Teradici card - I can connect to this machine (Win7 x64) just fine with a Teradici zero client (EVGA, Dell FX100, etc.) or the VMware View client, but when I use the iPad client, the screen resolution gets quite compressed (like the desktop is still set at 1680x1050).

I thought that this might just be a limitation due to the iPad's resolution, but when I run the View client on my netbook (1024x600, worse than the iPad), I get a correctly scaled 1:1 screen.  Is this a known bug/limitation of the iPad client?  Any workarounds available, or will this be fixed in a future version?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This is not supported in View for Ipad.  The supported way to connect is via a Security server to a View 4.6 broker. 

We may look into this in the future, but right now a normal end user (read: not engineers like us 😉 do not want / need this functionality.

I am open to business cases though.

Tedd

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This is not supported in View for Ipad.  The supported way to connect is via a Security server to a View 4.6 broker. 

We may look into this in the future, but right now a normal end user (read: not engineers like us 😉 do not want / need this functionality.

I am open to business cases though.

Tedd

0 Kudos
Have_Blue
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It's not a deal breaker for me - would simply be nice to have.  One of our mechanical engineers has been using a PCoIP terminal to connect to their remote CAD workstation (wish I could virtualize them, but SolidWorks needs an approved video card if you want support).  They really liked the iPad client, but the squished screen meant that I had to set up a separate VM for them to be able to use it.  Given that it mostly works, I hope it's a fairly simple fix that might come in a future version.

0 Kudos