RealQuiet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Connected vs Disconnected Sessions, Concurrent Users

We are looking at moving from a named user license model to a concurrent user license model and I am confused about how concurrent user (CU) seats are taken.

Using some made up numbers, lets say we have 250 Named User (NU) licenses. View is showing our Total Named users at 240 and for Concurrent it is showing 30 current connections and 48 as the highest.

However, when I look at sessions I am seeing 80, with 35 connected and 45 disconnected.

How many CU licenses are used if I have 100? Is it 30, 35, or 80?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Only connected sessions are counted towards a concurrent user license. Be aware that this includes sessions brokered through Horizon as well as direct RDP/console sessions. From what I've seen it's never 100% accurate the way you are trying to look at it. You want to go off what is shown under the Product Licensing & Usage section.

0 Kudos
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

add to this also that named users can each user have multiple sessions which as i remember up to 5 sessions for the same user

0 Kudos
RealQuiet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So... would one go with 30 (current concurrent connections), 35 (connected sessions) or 80 (total sessions)?

0 Kudos