VMware Horizon Community
njd62495
Contributor
Contributor

Confused about licensing

I built my View connection server but I'm not following the licensing. I have 50 View Composer licenses and 50 Offline Desktop licenses. The licenses were purchased in 5 packs of 10.

I add a pack of licenses (10) and the Offline Desktop license shows up as enabled but how can I tell how many licenses I am using? Also can I add the additional packs? Because after I added a pack of View Composer licenses the View Compser license showed up as enabled but then the Offline desktop license showed up as being disabled.

My thinking was the licenses would be just like virtual center where you can just append to the file, but it doesnt seem to be the case here or am I just totally missing something?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanielOwen
Contributor
Contributor

your question is almost word for word a question i've asked numerous places since we purchased our View Licenses. I couldn't get any useful answers out of the first tier of VMware phone support, nor did chat support even respond Smiley Happy

I finally got an answer out of our VMware rep. It wasn't quite what i was expecting.

here's the excerpt from the response i received.

"I did some digging on the license count and have found that today we work on the honor system which is based upon you purchased quantity and can be reconciled against the session counter to ensure you are compliant. As for each license key, today you only need to enter one key for enablement."

--dan

njd62495
Contributor
Contributor

I cant thank you enough for that response!!!:8}

I was fearing that would be my issue...either lack of response from everyone basically running into the same problem or calling support and getting marginal help that would leave me even more confused.

THANKS!!!

0 Kudos