VMware Horizon Community
richcrab12
Contributor
Contributor

Confining View to one monitor not two

Hi everyone, I am running Horizon View for Mac.  I have an iMac with an attached external monitor.  I like to run View full screen, but when I do it by default takes over the second screen as well.  I have tried to use Windows Control panel in the VM to remove the 2nd display entirely, but I cannot seem to do that.  Can anyone help me figure out how to limit View to just one display while still running it in full screen mode on that display?  Thanks.

6 Replies
VMMalley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Windows Key and than 'P' will allow you to select "projector mode" which will turn off the second screen, if this is what you are looking for.

You can than use Windows Key and P and go back to extended screens.

hmmm, just actually read the post and noticed you have a Mac, sorry but if you want to try this on a PC it works well.

0 Kudos
richcrab12
Contributor
Contributor

THanks.  What I would like is for view 3.1 to behave like 2.3 did -- the view window can run full screen on one Mac monitor, while the Mac content can run on the other. As it is, 3.1 seems to want to spread across both monitors any time I am in full screen view.

0 Kudos
aqwelea
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Richcrab12,

I read quickly your post and did not see anything about the pool settings.

Could you have a look at the pool level and check the pool settings (or parameters) section ?

You will find the max number of screens and also the max screen resolution as show in my screenshot below.

Could you try to set ONE screeen and update us ?

Thanks

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
BSchoeman
Contributor
Contributor

If you are running the Horizon View Client - login in to the client and then right click on the Pool or icon for the virtual machine. You should get a drop down with an option to change the display to "fullscreen" which is a single screen or "all monitors".

If you leave it on all montors but restrict the pool to a sinlge instance it can take control of all monitors and display a blank screen on ay additional you have which is not ideal.

jtessier72
Contributor
Contributor

Will try to verify this on the Mac Horizon View client, but I had the same problem on the Windows client. Thanks.

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You should upgrade your Horizon Client for Mac, the latest available is 4.7.0.

After logging in to a pool from the menu bar select Connection>Settings. Then for each pool you will have a Full Screen drop down. You can pick between Use All Displays, Use Single Display and Use Selective Displays.

0 Kudos