VMware Horizon Community
markroe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Configuring leostream to access widows xp desktops

does anyone have a guide to set up leostream connection broker (with clear screen shot examples) to access hosted dektops running windows XP via a web browser.

I have followed the manual (to the letter) on the website and i cannot get it to work as described above. I am sure it is something minor however if there is a step by step process to follow i would find it very useful

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sgrinker
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Mark

I've created a guide to be used in house, so I can't exactly distribute that out to the masses. I'm not sure what your sticking point may be, or how far along in the process you have gotten either. Start with these generals to hopefully get things going.

1. Make sure you have added a "Center" under the "Machines" heading.

2. Make sure you have added an Authentication server (Domain Controller, etc) or at least some manually created users.

3. Establish a basic policy give it any name for testing.

4. Assign that policy to a user

5. For testing just manually assign a machine to one of the users. To do this go to Machines > Hosted Desktops. Then find the machine, and select "Edit" From there select "Hard-assigned to specific user" and then select the user. Then save.

6. To test if everything SHOULD be working you can use the test feature. Go to Users > Users. Then click "Test Login" for the one user you have hard assigned above. It should return that the user is assigned to machine X.

7. Then logon as the user through the broker and see what you get.

From there let us know if you are getting stuck anywhere along the way, and I'm sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks

Steve

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sgrinker
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Mark

I've created a guide to be used in house, so I can't exactly distribute that out to the masses. I'm not sure what your sticking point may be, or how far along in the process you have gotten either. Start with these generals to hopefully get things going.

1. Make sure you have added a "Center" under the "Machines" heading.

2. Make sure you have added an Authentication server (Domain Controller, etc) or at least some manually created users.

3. Establish a basic policy give it any name for testing.

4. Assign that policy to a user

5. For testing just manually assign a machine to one of the users. To do this go to Machines > Hosted Desktops. Then find the machine, and select "Edit" From there select "Hard-assigned to specific user" and then select the user. Then save.

6. To test if everything SHOULD be working you can use the test feature. Go to Users > Users. Then click "Test Login" for the one user you have hard assigned above. It should return that the user is assigned to machine X.

7. Then logon as the user through the broker and see what you get.

From there let us know if you are getting stuck anywhere along the way, and I'm sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
markroe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

my user mode was set to admin not user

thanks for efforts

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Mark check you Private Messages.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos