VMware Horizon Community
Grahamit
Contributor
Contributor

Configuring dedicated global pools to NOT assign a new desktop after a site goes down

I am wondering if it is possible to have dedicated global pools in a cloud pod architecture NOT assign a new dedicated desktop whenever a site goes down? We have been running into issues whenever one of our sites go down where users are assigned a new dedicated desktop from our other location, then whenever the down site comes back up, they are unable to get into VDI due to there being multiple desktop connections. We then have to go into vCenter and un-assign the user from the new desktop, and then refresh the desktop once they connect to their original desktop.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Are you using Horizon in this setup?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Grahamit
Contributor
Contributor

Yes we are

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Moved to Horizon

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos