VMware Horizon Community
carlomartufi
Contributor
Contributor

Configure a LINUX Virtual Machine with Multiple NICs for View Agent

Hi all,

I am having an issue with an Ubuntu VM with view Agent installed on.

I added a 2nd interface to VM and now I am not able to access the machine via horizon client since it is redirecting me to the wrong ip. how can I configure the IP/interface used by view agent to get the right one?

I found something for windows desktop (link below) but not for linux.

Configure a Virtual Machine with Multiple NICs for Horizon Agent

pls help.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
carlomartufi
Contributor
Contributor

Found the configuration required.

"Configuration Options in /etc/vmware/viewagent-custom.conf Java Standalone Agent uses the configuration file /etc/vmware/viewagent-custom.conf.

Option Subnet

If there are multiple local IP addresses with different subnets, use this option to set the subnet that the Linux Agent provides to the View Connection Server. When multiple subnet configurations are detected on a Linux Agent machine, this option is required to specify the correct subnet that should be used by the Linux Agent. For example, if you installed Docker on the Linux machine, it will be introduced as a virtual network adapter. To avoid Linux Agent from using Docker as a virtual network adapter, you have to set this option to use the real physical network adapter. You must specify the value in IP address/CIDR format. For example, Subnet=192.168.1.0/24. NULL implies that the Linux Agent randomly selects the IP address"

Ref. https://pubs.vmware.com/horizon-7-view/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/horizon-703-linux-desktops.pdf  pag 45

Unfortunately this can only be applied with horizon 7 and it seems is not supported with horizon view 6.2.

Ref. https://pubs.vmware.com/horizon-62-view/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/horizon-62-linux-desktops.pdf pag 22

Any idea to workaround this issue?

Tks

ch3ss9
Contributor
Contributor

This worked properly the Page 45... i ran into the docker ip versus my ip on the box... this worked flawlessly !

Thanks @carlomartufi 

0 Kudos