VMware Horizon Community
wyldkao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Composer replica and OS VM auto deleted

HI

I build a composer Pool to deliver Win7 ...Because I only has a 1TB HD...so I set replica/OS/Persistent disk to the same disk....

then I moditor provisioning status from VI Client....I find replica VM created well, then do " Clone virtual Machine(Replica)", then "Add Tag", then auto delete replica and linked-clone VM

I try to 3 times...get the same result...if I have some step or action misconfigured ?

thanks!!

linked-clone_VMAutodeleted.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

How are you activating the desktops? MAK or KMS?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
wyldkao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI

base on testing (I recreate VM much times), so I had no activate these VMs...

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

So maybe they cannot activate then...

Try to follow this to disable activation:

http://myvirtualcloud.net/?p=2347

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
wyldkao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI All

Delay to repy(Because I forgot it)

I rebuild my lab again, add VSAN as datastore...(All server fresh install)

but this issue occur again in my new lab. even I use XP or Win7 as source VM.

wyldkao

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Not sure if you even read my replies, but if View cannot activate the machine it will be removed unless you follow the procedure linked to above.

// Linjo

0 Kudos
wyldkao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

My testing XP source is not active license to internet, so it should be not same with win7 .

but now I testing XP ge the same probelm...

but I will testing the KB document in my lab ASAP (now the lab power down), and let you know the result.

besides, if I could get the debug log about linked VM ??~~ if the answer is "Yes", Do you know the file location ?

thanks!!

wyldkao

0 Kudos