VMware Horizon Community
adamRbarber
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Composer issues after Upgrade

Having an issue accepting the certificate for the Composer in the View admin web console.

The current status says untrusted, when i go to verify and accept the thumbprint i am getting the error "There was an error identifying the validity of the server"

First our setup

1 vcentre build 6.0.0, 277651 co-installed composer 7.0.3.4698622 (Server 2012R2)

10 hosts, 9 ESXi 6.0.0, 3247720 / 1 ESXi 5.5.0, 3248547

4 Connection servers 7.0.3, 4709455 (Server 2008 R2)

4 Security Gateways 7.0.3, 4709455 (Server 2012 R2)

1 SQL Server 2008R2 SP3 (Server 2012 R2)

I have followed the documentation on upgrading from View 6.2 to Horizon 7.0.3, because we have an older version of the vCenter i have followed the notes on enabling TLSv1.0 on the connection server and the Composer server.

I have confirmed i can telnet from the connection server to the composer on port 18443, if i try to navigate to https://[ComposerFQDN]:18443 in a web browser i get a certificate waning page and if i continue i get a HTTP404 error.

I have uninstalled the Composer and reinstalled it, the composer service is running as a local system account but have tried it as domain administrator but no difference.

One thing i have noticed is the CN for the certificate on the composer only has the netbios name but the dashboard and the settings under Servers -> vCenter Servers both show the FQDN, as this is a self signed certificate and we are just accepting the thumprint i assume this is not the issue as it was like this in 6.2 before the upgrade.

Any tips on getting it to accept the composer certificate or where to start looking for clues would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adamRbarber
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

well ended up contacting VMware support regarding the issue and it took a couple of days but we tracked it down to the username and password for the VCenter we were using.

Although it was correct we were still getting errors with the composer.

Created a new user and gave them all the permissions required and then changed the username and password in the View admin web console and everything started working as expected.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
adamRbarber
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

well ended up contacting VMware support regarding the issue and it took a couple of days but we tracked it down to the username and password for the VCenter we were using.

Although it was correct we were still getting errors with the composer.

Created a new user and gave them all the permissions required and then changed the username and password in the View admin web console and everything started working as expected.

0 Kudos
VirtualMicky
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

hi

i have the same problem

please tell me , where do you have change the user and password on vmware view web admin?

please tell me a the step to change this user
thanks in advance

Thanks

0 Kudos
AegirT
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

I had this problem until I figured out that Vmware changed the permissions that is needed for the "Composer user" against the Vcenter server so I needed to add permissions as I followed the guidelines in the installation guide from Vmware

Regards

0 Kudos
VirtualMicky
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

for to solve this problem you must change the vcenter account from domain\user to user@domain

and then the vcomposer certificate are accept

i change this and now working

0 Kudos