VMware Horizon Community
VmW8rePr0ph3t
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cloud based storage

Good morning/afternoon/evening all,

We have been using drop box for all of our cloud storage lately and I was wondering if there is any way to make my own cloud storage area that I can not only access from the private network at work but also my home network. The location of the accuall storage would of course be at the company. Is there any resources available through VMware?

Thank you for your time.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Workspace Portal used to have file sharing feature. With the acquisition of Airwatch it was discontinued. Today VMware offers a much more feature rich product with the Airwatch Secure Content Locker. SCL offers sync of personal files as well as access to company file areas such as network shares and Sharepoint and much more. You can integrate Workspace and Airwatch for seamless user access.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I believe the Horizon Workspace comes with a file sharing component similar to dropbox.

http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/workspace/VMware-Horizon-Workspace-Datasheet.pdf

VmW8rePr0ph3t
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Do you happen to know where I can locate some documentation on how to set this software up ?

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Workspace Portal used to have file sharing feature. With the acquisition of Airwatch it was discontinued. Today VMware offers a much more feature rich product with the Airwatch Secure Content Locker. SCL offers sync of personal files as well as access to company file areas such as network shares and Sharepoint and much more. You can integrate Workspace and Airwatch for seamless user access.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Thanks for the correction.

0 Kudos