VMware Horizon Community
Retr0vertig0
Contributor
Contributor

Clone does not log in after default profile created

We are currently in the process of deploying VDI in a call center scenario. I'm using linked clone desktops that are destroyed upon log out.

My end result goal is to trim login times down to a minimal. By using Persona Management, I am quite happy with the results but have run into two separate but game changing problems.

Default profiles do not pass the login from the terminal to Windows.

Usually, when an agent logs into the thin client, it will then log them into windows. After using Persona Management and User Profile Manager 2.6 to create my default profile, the agent logs into the terminal, and is then presented the windows logon screen. This causes the need to log in a second time. Not very useful if I'm trying to create a speedy logon process :smileyconfused:

Bria VE does not auto launch after first login

The agents are using Bria VE soft phone to take calls. The first time an agent logs in, and their Persona Management data is created on the network share, the script runs fine. Any logons after that result in the soft phone no longer launching at logon. If I manually destroy their profile folder that is created by Persona Management, then the next time they log in it works. Obviously something is being copied down from their profile folder upon log in, I just can't pin down what would interfere with this process.

I copied the below guide exactly to obtain best possible logon times, but am obviously willing to sacrifice a second here or there to get these two issues resolved. :smileylaugh:

Speeding Up VMware View Logon Times with Windows 7 and Imprivata OneSign | elgwhoppo's vNotebook

Any help is greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
h3nkY
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I don't think Persona and UEM can work together. As far as my knowledge, we never test using this combination.

Both use user's registry file. I suggest you use one of these.

0 Kudos
Retr0vertig0
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not using UEM anywhere that I am aware of. Just Persona Management. The only other tool I'm using is during the creation of the Default User Profiles. As soon as I apply my default profile, everything mentioned above breaks. It seems to be a combination of Persona and Default profiles built for speed. 

ForensiT Desktop Management

0 Kudos
h3nkY
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I suspect there is incorrect default profile setting in ntuser.dat.

What is the value on "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders" of default profile?

Can you export and attach it here?

0 Kudos