VMware Horizon Community
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Clients unable to connect to View Connection Server

Currently all view client computers are unable to connect to the connection server.  Once we click connect at the client it just sits there won't connect. Win7 machines just spin and XP machines come back with a message view connection server connection failed".  The connection server is up and running with all services running fine.  I can ping just fine and DNS appears to be working properly.  All users are using PCoIP so they are all direct conneted.  Anyone have any words of wisdom for me??  Thanks

Perry

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Did you see this KB for Windows 7, http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1034262?    Some patches installed break the view client. 

0 Kudos
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I did not see that yet.  That might take care of the Win7 boxes but what about the XP's.  Any idea?

0 Kudos
npeter
Expert
Expert

Do you have a proxy configured under IE in your client machines? If yes, please disable it and try.

-nObLe
0 Kudos
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I don't think that is the issue since they can all browse the internet.  We don't use a proxy adn if it was checked they couldn't browse.  Beleive me, if they can't browse they will CRY!!  LOL.  I see that the patch affected Win7 machines but was curious IF it might affect XP at all.

0 Kudos
jj1986
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Prutter,

have you changed the windows Firewall policy ?

Best regards

0 Kudos
npeter
Expert
Expert

Hi,

Ok so you don't use a proxy. You mentioned "All users are using PCoIP" are you getting this error after initial authentication to CS? Can you post the exact error message. Also please make sure you have not disabled "use ssl for client connections" under global settings in view admin.

-Noble

-nObLe
0 Kudos