VMware Horizon Community
Meph1234
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Clients in a different subnet

Hello,

I am currently trying the current setup.

I have a existing environment thats all working fine. However our CIO has decided that we have a few desktops in a different environment that is almost completely separate from the main one and they need to be on the view server =\

Now i have connected view to the desktop's vcenter server and i could create the pool and see the desktops that i wanted to connect to, and ive added them to the pool

Ive had port 4001 (as well as the other PCOIP ones) opened between the connection server and the desktops in question, and then ive installed the agent on the desktop. At no time was i asked to specify a  connection server. I thought this may be because it knew it was a virtual machine.

Anyway im still sitting here looking at "waiting for agent"

I guess what i am asking is how does the agent know what connection server its meant to talk to? Does it look at its active directory (separate from the production environment) or does the vcentre server somehow tell it (the user i have for that vcentre server has limited permissions). Do i have to do it manually?

I appreciate your help.

VCA4-DT
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Meph1234
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi everyone

call off the search, sorry. My problem is fixed.

it turns out my user needed more rights than it had, the vcentre admin gave my user admin rights to the host and it performed some "reconfiguration" on the machine and its working now.

Sorry, but thanks for looking

Cheers

Phil

VCA4-DT
0 Kudos