Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Client redirection not working with Mac or Windows Horizon client

Horizon View Version 7

Windows Horizon client Version 7.0.0-3634043

Mac Horizon client version 4.0.1 3708485

Linked clones running Win 8.1

In both the Mac and Windows clients I cannot see shared drives from the local client. I select the drives to share from the client but cannot see them from a View linked clone desktop. I have also tested from a thick View desktop that I reinstalled the agent on to make sure client drive redirection was enabled but have the same problem. Once logged into the View desktop I cannot find the shared drives from the client.

Not sure what I am missing any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jsusls
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sorry I forgot to update this post. So after spending more time than I would like to admit I decided to double check the firewall policies and sure enough we had a typo causing the problem. The open port was set to 4927 instead of 9427. Hate it when simple things like that ruin a day but hey got it working now so everyone is happy, happy, happy.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Jsusls,

I'm Bing Cai from VMware Horizon Client - Mac Client team, I'd like to work with you to figure out the root cause of this problem. and that'd be helpful if you could provide info below:

1: what's the build number of your Win8.1 desktop? you may run 'winver' in Windows's Command Prompt

2: Is the Client Driver disabled from register? you may check if the key 'Disabled' is set to true in register 'HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\VMware, Inc.\\VMware tsdr'?

3:Could you share a screenshot of you shared local drivers?

4:When the issue reproduced on you side, could you help to collect Mac Client or Windows Clients' logs?

At the meanwhile,I'll prepare a local env and try to reproduce the issue.

0 Kudos
jsusls
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sorry I forgot to update this post. So after spending more time than I would like to admit I decided to double check the firewall policies and sure enough we had a typo causing the problem. The open port was set to 4927 instead of 9427. Hate it when simple things like that ruin a day but hey got it working now so everyone is happy, happy, happy.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Thanks so much for your info Jsusls and it's happy to know that CDR works for you. Have a good day! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos