VMware Horizon Community
JBxxx001
Contributor
Contributor

Client Workstation Printers not redirected for Published App Access

Horizon 7.1.0-5170113, running on Server 2012R2, AD Forest Level 2012.

I have 6 RDSH servers configured in a farm.

I am using Group Policy, NOT UEM.  I have UEM installed (trial), but not using.

**NOTE:  My policies include Mapped Drives under User Preferences that are working perfectly***

Reference:  Application Pools - A couple of LOB Apps and Notepad (Notepad is for testing Printer Availability)

Client Workstations access via HTML Browser.  Clients included Windows 7 thru 10, browsers tested include Firefox, Chrome, IE, and Edge.

Problem:  When a client connects, their printers are not redirected to the Published App Session.

I have the COMPUTER GPO configured as follows:

Admin Templates:

Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon                   ENABLED

Do not allow client printer redirection                                                  DISABLED

Do not set default client printer to be default printer in session          DISABLED

Redirect only the default printer                                                            DISABLED

User Remote Desktop Easy Print driver first                                        ENABLED

I have the USER GPO configured as follows:

Admin Templates:

Redirect only the default printer                                                            DISABLED

User Remote Desktop Easy Print driver first                                        ENABLED

Preferences:

Mapped Drives (working)

SHARED Printers (working)

Any suggestions appreciated....

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JBxxx001
Contributor
Contributor

Additional Information:

Updated to 7.3.2.  Also, downloaded and setup the GPO bundle, which contains a setting to Allow Redirected Printers.

Still No Joy...

HELP?????

0 Kudos
Erossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Does it work with an installed horizon client?

I am not sure if printer redirection is already supportet via html.

I only found this from the horizon 7.x printer redirection documentation

printer.PNG

https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/techpaper/vmware-horizon-view-vir...

0 Kudos
JBxxx001
Contributor
Contributor

no, does not work from Horizon-Client (4.6.1 version installed).

Have not seen this (!f!#@%#@$%#@) chart.....Thanks for this.....

Location Based Printing....What in the ____.  I just saw something about this, but have no knowledge of what it is.

When reading through articles, etc., I was under the impression that Printer Redirection 'Just Worked'.

Any idea of how/what Location Based Printing?

0 Kudos
JBxxx001
Contributor
Contributor

Established connection to one of the RDSH Hosts and it did NOT pull Local Printers....  Printers IS checked under Options as well

0 Kudos
koawmfot
Contributor
Contributor

any chance anyone found a solution for this?

i have the same GPOs setup as OP (including the easy print), and i am running Horizon 4.9 client and connecting to Win10 VDI.

If i use MSTSC to connect to the VDI, i get all my printers redirected with the easy print client.

If i use the Horizon Client with RDP protocol, i only get a couple of them and the easy print driver is not used.

does anyone know how to make Horizon Client use the easy print driver for RDP printer redirection??

thanks

dg

0 Kudos