VMware Horizon Community
maxel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Client Drive Redirection also for PCoIP? And how can we disable/manage that?

Hi,

as i know, CDR is possible now with newer versions of Agent and Horizon , see VMware Horizon View Client Drive Redirection (2121645) | VMware KB

there i can read: CDR is supported on VDI desktops (single-user) and RDS desktops...

But, i cant find ..is ot possible with PCoIP and Blast Extreme too? Or only with RDP?

And the most important question..how can we disable that with Active Directory GPOs?  Only one i've found is this http://pubs.vmware.com/horizon-7-view/index.jsp#com.vmware.horizon-view.desktops.doc/GUID-038D74EB-A... ,but there only RDP will be mentioned. But what about PCoIP? How can we disable CDR there?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chengs
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Both PCoIP and Blast are supported.

To disable client drive redirection, create a new string value on remote desktop VM named  disabled and set its value to  true

HKLM\Software\VMware, Inc.\VMware TSDR\disabled=true

The value is  false (enabled) by default.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I'm fairly certain you can use a GPO  to disable CDR.    Do a search on client redirection on the documentation and it should give you the location of the GPO.

Documentation for VMware Horizon 7

0 Kudos
maxel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I found it in documentation, see http://pubs.vmware.com/horizon-7-view/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.vmware.horizon-view.desktops.doc%2FGUID... , but there is only RDS / RDP mentioned..but wht if i connect to my desktops with PCoIP or Blast Extreme?

0 Kudos
chengs
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Both PCoIP and Blast are supported.

To disable client drive redirection, create a new string value on remote desktop VM named  disabled and set its value to  true

HKLM\Software\VMware, Inc.\VMware TSDR\disabled=true

The value is  false (enabled) by default.

0 Kudos