VMware Horizon Community
cprawitz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Cleanup Inaccessible Replica Disks

So I was just browsing my datastores going through everything to ensure that all is well when I ran accross three Replica disks that are marked inaccessible.

I did some searching and was not finding much on this. All our linked clones are working correctly and all systems are running. My questions is there a way to tell if this is actually being used or can I delete it? I attached a ss of what I have found.

VMware View 4.6

ESxi 4.1

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pcerda
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi,
You can check the Pool's settings on View Manager to know which replica is being used.  If you delete a replica which is being used, you can cause serious issues to the linked clones.
When you realize which replica you can remove, you can use this KB:
Best Regards
Patricio Cerda
Regards / Saludos - Patricio Cerda - vExpert 2011 / 2012 / 2013

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
pcerda
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi,
You can check the Pool's settings on View Manager to know which replica is being used.  If you delete a replica which is being used, you can cause serious issues to the linked clones.
When you realize which replica you can remove, you can use this KB:
Best Regards
Patricio Cerda
Regards / Saludos - Patricio Cerda - vExpert 2011 / 2012 / 2013
0 Kudos
iforbes
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Where in the pool settings can I see the exact replica being used for the pool? All I see is the datastore that hosts my replica(s).

0 Kudos
ElevenB2003
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I actually just submitted something like this as a feature request to VMware.  I also posted a similar question - post linked below.  You are correct in that there is no way to actually see which pool is using which replica at this point in time via the View Manager.

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/331194?tstart=30

0 Kudos
iforbes
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

If you find out a solution could you please let me know. Looks like when you delete a pool via View Administrator, the replica doesn't always get deleted.

0 Kudos