VMware Horizon Community
bjohn
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Chromebook, ALT-TAB

Using a Chromebook for a Horizon session. How can I use alt-tab to cycle thru the open applications in my session? Android client version 8.0.0 Thank You

7 Replies
AaronWei
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This is a technical  limitation that Android application cannot obtain keyboard event for ALT+TAB. To push a window to foreground, one way is to use the unityTouch sidebar, open the sidebar, and in the "running apps" section, clicking on an item would push the corresponding remote window to foreground.

Perhaps Horizon Client for Chrome from Chrome Webstore could work for this ALT+TAB requirement. It is worse a try if ALT+TAB matters for you.

0 Kudos
bjohn
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

@AaronWei Thanks, trying the Chrome client. How do you set the resolution using the Chrome client?

0 Kudos
AaronWei
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There is no scaled resolution or customized resolution in Horizon Client for Chrome. Change the resolution/scale in the Chrome OS display settings may help. ChromeOS settings -> Devices -> Display.

0 Kudos
bjohn
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

We are using the Chromebook in a "managed guest session" mode administering it from the Google Admin Console. In managed guest sessions, the resolutions resets each time.

0 Kudos
AaronWei
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Managed public session is the special usage of Chromebook, if the display setting of ChromeOS would be reset, I'm afraid any kind of application data, like previous connected broker address, would also be reset. It seems to be expected behavior for managed public session.  I think the way to avoid settings being reset, is to use an account to login the chromebook.

0 Kudos
bjohn
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

VMware supports setting the broker address etc using JSON settings https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Horizon-Client-for-Chrome/5.4/chrome-client-installation/GUID-DEA8... Also supports setting the resolution, but I would have to have separate JSON settings for each resolution from what I see. https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Horizon-Client-for-Chrome/5.4/chrome-client-installation/GUID-B868...

aaroncmclean
Contributor
Contributor

Try Alt-Esc and Shift-Alt-Esc to cycle through the open windows. It's pretty close to Alt-Tab. 

0 Kudos